Based on our highly secure blockchain implementation, Vooledger, we have created a messaging system that enhances your organization’s communication processes with the advantages of blockchain technology. Mission critical communication can no longer get tampered or lost.
As always Vooledger allows you to bootstrap and deploy your own blockchain network easily and optimally configured for your usage scenario.
Blockchain and implementation specific advantages
- Messages are stored in a decentralized and thus highly available database.
- Submitted messages cannot be changed, deleted or manipulated in any way.
- Messages are encrypted and only authorized entities are granted access.
- Messages and their meta-data are traceable and verifiable in a transparent way.
- Fine grained access and key management.
- All parameters are configurable based on your own requirements.
- Detailed analytics of network and usage behavior: In an ever-changing world, users can always realign the configuration to match their organization’s needs.
- Configuration parameters can be changed on the fly: Number of nodes, encryption level, key authorization, as well as access levels and more.
- Messages are searchable by entities authorized to access them.
- VooMessenger is by default a closed garden: Only authorized entities can participate, and so possibility of accidental leak of information is reduced.
VooMessenger platform achieves high availability due its reliance on a P2P distributed network of nodes. As it is designed to deliver critical information, VooMessenger is highly resistant to network attacks such as DDOS attacks, or networking infrastructure failure. New nodes can be added to the underlying network with no down-time requirement. The network of nodes can be extended or narrowed on demand. When for example some of your nodes are under attack, additional nodes can be deployed for the duration of the attack, increasing network resistance. As soon as the attack is over, the number of nodes can be decreased again. Vooledger is a blockchain implementation designed for industrial use and cost efficiency has always been in focus by our experts.
Life-cycle of messages
• Bob requests critical documents from Alice’s department.
• Alice responds through VooMessenger, sending him the documents as attachments. In the new message screen, she inserts the details of the recipient, the subject, the message’s body and any attachments she wishes.
• The message gets encrypted and is written in to a Vooledger transaction with its meta-data.
• The message’s status is set to “Sent”.
• Bob logs in and gets notification of the new message from Alice.
• A new transaction is stored on Vooledger with the meta-data.
• The message’s status is set to “Delivered”.
• Alice can track the status change of the message she created.
• When Bob tries to view the message, it gets decrypted with his private key.
• The status of the message changes to “Viewed” with another transaction.
• At all points, messages exchanged are encrypted using asymmetric key encryption (open-private key).
• Messages exchanged are permanently stored on the system and cannot be changed, deleted, or manipulated in any way. Related meta-data are also tamper-resistant.
• Messages’ content, status, time-stamps of status changes, identity of sender and receiver are also verifiable and traceable in a transparent way.
• Communication among parties is encrypted by default for one-to-one and many-to-many schemes.
• VooMessenger can be configured to allow additional entities to access messages.
• Access control is as easy as changing some values through the settings interface.
• Communication processes between individuals, groups, departments, and organizations can be evaluated, optimized, and made bulletproof.
Simple use case
In corporate environments where complicated hierarchical structures and cooperation between different departments and external entities are not uncommon, we consider access granularity a must-have. With VooMessenger, you can fine-tune access levels at will.
A medical equipment producer is working on a new product. The project involves 2 internal departments and some external entities: 2 medical consultants, 1 external product consultant and a supplier in key role.
Communication must be verifiable and accessible on different levels: Communication between members of the same department must be available to the department manager. Communication among all involved parties must be available to the Project Manager.
- Communication between a member of Department A and another entity automatically accessible to department’s manager, Branch Manager and CEO.
- Manager of Department B cannot access messages between entities not involving members of her department.
- If a member of Department A exchanges messages with an external MD consultant, the manager of Department B cannot access them.
- CEO can access communication among all parties.
Further access cases
Messages exchanged inside the department are accessible by communication partners and department’s supervisors.
Messages exchanged between a department’s employee with an external entity, are accessible by communication partners and department’s supervisors. Peer employees of the department and other non-involved entities cannot access communication.
Messages exchanged between a the Branch Manager with an External Partner, are accessible by communication partners and company’s CEO. Other non-involved entities cannot access communication.
An employee of Department A exchanges messages with the Branch Manager: Communication is accessible by the employee and the Branch Manager (communication partners), by the Department Manager (employee’s supervisor), and the CEO (supervisor of the Branch Manager). Other entities, as other Department A employees and other non-involved entities cannot access communication.
The above is only an example of access granularity VooMessenger can offer. Access levels can be defined in detail. VooMessenger can be connected with your organization’s LDAP infrastructure or other directory services.
VooMessenger is designed to be extensible. Upon request, VooMessenger can be seamlessly integrated into your existing communications infrastructure. Communication performed through other platforms can be logged into VooMessenger.
Bring the communication process of your organization to the next level with VooMessenger! For additional information and tailor-made solutions, contact us.
Click here for current vacancies.